There are several places where you can learn about Affiliate Marketing and Networks and Programs. I’ll tell you my personal recommendation in the next page.
Many companies have affiliate programs. One of the most common is Amazon.
Amazon.com affiliate program is called Amazon Associates. You can see an image of the initial website here:
It has a great advantage:
- It not only pays you a commission for the item that people clicked on your website, but also for everything they buy. So you can earn commission on many different items, even to those not related to your niche.
But, it also has some disadvantages:
- As you can earn money from many different items, they will start paying you 4%, which is a small commission.
- Also, the problem they have is a 24-hour cookie.
A word on Cookies
The duration cookie is a “cookie” that is generated when you visit a website. Some websites deliver get information through this cookies and it depends if your browser has abled this option. Cookies have a length which means that it dies or is deleted after this timeframe.
If your visitor clicks an affiliate link, he gets a cookie, and that will enable your program supplier to know who you are and he can pay you the % or the money he offered.
So, a 24-hour cookie means that if your visitor doesn’t buy in this timeframe, you’ll loose your effort and you won’t get a commission.
There are other advertiser, manufacturers or providers with long-term cookies, as it could be 30, 60, 90 or lifetime cookies, which of course are better than this 24-hour timeframe.
Also, 4% commission is a low commission, though you can find suppliers that pay you 25%, 50% or more in some cases.
Where can you find affiliate programs to promote? Of course, in Google, Bing, Yahoo! or any other search engines. You just have to search for: “shoes + affiliate program” and you’ll get a bunch of brands offering this affiliate programs.
However, there are some popular Networks of Affiliates that can make this process easy.
For example, you can take a look at LinkShare:
You can also use Share-A-Sale:
Or other popular is Commission Junction (CJ):
Those networks have the advantage that they behave as a One-Stop-Shop where you can find lots of advertisers, manufacturers and other. Some of them can be Nike, Puma, Timex, Fiverr, Microsoft… you name it!
They manage the relationship and you can have many reports on your audience activity like clicks, views, offers, coupons from advertisers.
They provide you with the banners you need, links, tracking codes, reports on sales, and they send you the money on different ways like checks, ACH transfers, PayPal or others depending on the network.
They also provide you with the training for you to be successful with them and they are free. If an affiliate networks want to charge you a monthly rate or a subscription fee, you better move to the next one because it can be a scam.
What do you need to be successful in Affiliate Marketing?
Let’s review and make a pause before continue.
So, to be successful in Affiliate Marketing you don’t need to spend money on it to earn some, but, if you want to be serious about it, you may need your own domain and a decent hosting service. You will need:
- Domain name ($15/year) or you can start by trying with a free website (on the next page I’m telling you how to get one.
- Hosting: could be on any platform, please prefer something like WordPress because you can find many websites, tutorials, and videos, and you don’t have to be an expert in coding.
- Training: you can find website training like SEO, UX, Social Media, SEM, etc., on the Internet, but it will be better to look for formal education. Yes, you can find some places like WA, Udemy, Coursera, etc.
- Join a Mastermind Group or get a coach: this is another optional thing that can introduce you faster on the business online niche.
- START NOW! If you can get all of this for free, what is your excuse?
On the next page, I’ll provide you with a review of the platform I use. A disclaimer, it is an affiliate program itself, you can join and earn money by promoting it or any other niche you’ll need. It is actually the only program that I found on the Internet about Affiliate Marketing.
On some other posts, you’ll read about other places to be successful and you can look for them, for example, in our Shopify recommendation (e-commerce), Fiverr reviews (freelance services) or other networks.
PLEASE CLICK TO CONTINUE TO PAGE 3.